The electric meter with a connection box, set outside the grape Châlette-sur-Loing in Loiret, lit a month after a similar incident in the same town. In contact with the AFP, Enedis, the company responsible for setting the meter, denies any Linky involvement in the fire. The firefighter happened on Friday at noon, towards the fire department and the police, confirming the information from Central Republic.
This is the second time in less than a month that the ticker Linky has ignited in this city of nearly 13,000 residents. "The source of the fire would be random," the policeman said on Saturday. The owner of the "Boucherie du Center" facility announced his intention to file an appeal against Enedis. His new meter was installed three months ago, in the absence. Video recordings of the witness show a smoking counter. You see the fire began to crack, then the black smoke and finally the flame.
Meter exploded in the same city a few weeks ago. October 13, in the same town, a counter set in the pavilion fifteen days "exploded," in the words of its owner. The pavilion was seriously damaged and its two residents, the retired couple, evacuated. "The electric meter can not explode or ignite the fire spontaneously," said the Enedis group, adding that "there are no elements for determining the origin of fire yet."
Eleven million households are equipped. An officer at the Enedis Center in Val de Loire said he waited for the survey results. "Meters are tested in the lab and do not explode, there is no breath," he said, pointing out that only "2% of fire in electrical origin in France is counting tables, a figure that has not changed for years." Installed at a rate of 30,000 per day , green anise counters now supply 11 million households. The lawmaker requires Enedis, an EDF subsidiary, to cover the area, or about 35 million meters by 2021. To date, 91,000 Linky meters have been installed in Loiret.