Monday , April 12 2021

The court postpones the demolition of a terrorist home to hear a family appeal



The High Court of Justice issued a provisional ban on Thursday that prevented the military from demolishing part of a family home of a Palestinian fugitive accused of killing two Israelis in a terrorist attack last month.

The tribunal gave the state 10 days to respond to an appeal filed by a 23-year-old Ashraf Nawayo family to not drop their house in Shuweika village in the northern part of the West Bank. The court said court panels would hear the appeal of families in the coming days, and the decision would be made before November 22nd.

Alowa is on the run from the killing of his associates Kim Levengrond Yehezkel and Ziv Hajbi on October 7 at a factory in the industrial zone of Barkan, on the central west coast.

Learn the Times of Israel Daily Edition by email and never miss our most talked about stories

Free sign up

A few days after the attack, the IDF issued a solution to the house demolition in accordance with Israeli policy of destroying the homes of convicted Palestinian terrorists.

In most cases, demolition orders were issued after the suspect was admitted or sentenced in court. However, in the case of Nawalowa, IDF has decided to continue with the criminal offense measures because the Shin Bet security service had significant incriminating evidence against it, Ynet said.

The Israeli security forces stand at the entrance to the industrial zone of Barkan in the North West Coast on October 7, 2018. (AP Photo / Oded Balilty)

The family filed for the first time a ruling on the IDF demolition, but on Tuesday the appeal was rejected and the army issued orders for a part of the house.

The announcement was distributed by the chief commander of the IDF, Maj. Gene. Nadav Padan, said that the cellar and ground floor of the house at Nawa, where the suspect was living, was destroyed.

Victims' families have demanded more stringent reprisals from Israel against Na'aland and his family on Wednesday.

At a memorial meeting held in the Barkan Complex, Father Levengrone Yehezkea, Rafi, said the family had requested that the Naohah be killed if caught.

Kim Levengrond Yehezkel, 29 (left) and Ziv Hajbi, 35, who were killed in a terrorist shootout in the industrial zone of Barkan on the West Bank, October 7, 2018 (screenshots of Facebook)

Hajbin's brother Tal criticized the IDF for deciding to collapse only the basement and ground floor of the House of Alaska.

"The partial demolition of a terrorist home is unacceptable. The whole home must be destroyed," said Hajbi, "and the family must be expelled."

Protesters emerged from the entrance to the industrial zone at the Alon Group plant where Yehezkel and Hajbi were killed and the third Israeli wounded, Sara Vaturi.

According to News Hadashot TV, the Ministry of Defense is in regular contact with the families of victims for house demolition. The station said Assistant Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman told Rafi Yehezkelo in a phone call that there were legal constraints, but that his boss worked to get around them.

After a ban was issued on Thursday, Rafi Yehezkel sued the court for "celebration of my daughter's bloodshed and humiliating our family." A troubled father told the media that he was embarrassed to live in "a country without justice and compassion," and said he was thinking of renouncing Israeli citizenship as a protest.

Ashrafa Walide Suleiman Naowa, a Palestinian man suspected of carrying out a deadly terrorist attack on October 7, 2018, in the industrial zone of Barkan on the north coast of the West Bank. (Courtesy)

IDF teams are still looking for Naoway, who has been away since killing his associates on October 7th.

The military has launched an investigation into the Barkan attack to find among other things that the gun smashed into an industrial park and whether the terrorist intended to take Levengrone Yehezke as a hostage, after using the zippers to tie her hands before shooting,

Levengrond was secretary while Hajbi worked in Accounting at Alon Factory in an industrial park. The aloha was employed there as an electrician.

Several family members of the Naowe were detained or arrested after the attack. The Israeli army has issued a series of Palestinian warnings on the north coast of the West so as not to assist the attacker in his escape.

The Palestinian security official has confirmed the Times of Israel that the PA forces help in searching for the Nawalow.

(LR) Likud MK Oren Hazan, Chairman of the Regional Council of Samaria Yossi Dagan, and Kim Levengrond Yehezkel and Ziv Hajbi, who were killed in a terrorist attack in the industrial zone of Barkan, commemorated the attack on November 6, 2018 ( Regional Council of Samaria)

On Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gave advocates legislation to enhance a controversial law aimed at facilitating Israel's deaths of convicted Palestinian assailants of civilians and soldiers.

Netanyahu, as reported, has approved legislation that goes against the security advisory institution. According to Israel, Netanyahu told members of his coalition that the opposition of Shin Bet and IDF laws should not prevent their improvement of legislation.

Jacob Magid contributed to this report.


Source link