DNB Markets Dynamic Duo, Morten Jensen and Paul Harper have traditionally added data for the results of the Oslo Stock Exchange in the first quarter results. The result was not a loud voice.
– Not bad, Jenson will take Sara.
From time to time, the brokerage company calculates the company's results in accordance with analysts. Both companies have been disappointed by the stock exchange companies on operational profit and earnings. Revenue also declined.
This time is special, after the fourth quarter, the disappointing results are getting more disappointing than what the analysts expected. So two bad rooms are bad.
– It has not happened since the financial crisis, says Jensen.
But despite the weaker results than expected, the price of the day did not fall. The day they reported they were better than the stock market.
– Investors did not believe analysts' estimates?
– It's a capability, Jensen says.
Other details may include:
- In the fourth quarter, the stock market fell sharply, but it rose sharply in the first quarter. The lack of results did not break the market's good disgrace.
- Management is afraid of their prospects being downgraded. Despite the poor results, the market was relieved.
– The negative price reaction is not, said Herpes.
The trade war decides
With the end of this quarter, there is another confusion in the market. The Oslo Stock Exchange, which was up 10 percent on the year-on-year value added, is strengthening. The threat of trade war and increased charges between the US and China is the background.
There is indeterminateness associated with potential trade. If there is no solution, the market is not very high. If there is a solution, it may be for a moderate increase over the year, says harp.
(Terms)Copyright Dagens Næringsliv AS and / or our suppliers. We would like to share our channels on our site. Copywriting or the use of all or any of the Content or the use of any other form of Content may be obtained by written permission or by law. See here for more information.