Published 2:07 pm ET September 30, 2018
FREMONT – Vanguard-Sentinel career and technology centers will host an open house public event on its Fremont campus, 1306 Cedar St., from 4pm to 2pm on October 14th to celebrate 50 years of professional technical training.
As part of the celebration, Kayleen McCabe, host of Rescue Renovation and vocational promoter of DIY Network, will share her perspective on the importance of a skilled workforce and on multiple paths to success.
Kayleen is an authorized contractor who in 2009 beat tens of male competitors for the "Stud Finder" TV Grand Prix, which was his series called "Rescue Renovation".
The district was opened for the first time on 9 September 1968 and over the last 50 years has become an award-winning school district that focuses on teaching qualified jobs for careers in demand.
"We are confident that Mrs. McCabe will not only be informative, but inspiring the importance of professional technical education and the endless career opportunities available with skilled jobs," explains Greg Edinger, superintendent. "Her energy is contagious and she is the perfect person to help us celebrate the 50th anniversary and to spread the message that what we do as a district is just as relevant today as it was in 1968."
In addition to speaking and conducting an interactive McCabe demonstration, other activities will take place during the visitors' open house and include:
• A parade of stars to highlight members of the district Hall of Fame and gold medal winners of the National Career Tech Service Organization since 1968.
• A class meeting in which all district alumni are invited to contact other students and register to represent their graduation year.
• Career technology programs will provide hands on activities for all tastes, including hand massages, craft and art DIY projects, flight simulators with drones and more!
• Building Tours will offer guests the opportunity to explore the campus and see how it has changed and grown since 1968.
• A Meet & Greet staff will allow the community and alumni to share the appreciation and appreciation for the district staff that has had an impact.
A complete program of events with detailed information can be found at vsctc.org.
Vanguard-Sentinel Career and Technology Centers invite everyone to go out and enjoy the event, whether they want to re-take their time as a student or learn about what we offer the community.
Read or share this story: https://ohne.ws/2y4Kn18