Hydrating has been a difficult habit for me to work in my routine. Sometimes I put the lotion after a shower, but it's usually not until my skin breaks down to make me remember that the lotion is one thing. Enter the lotion bars! These were so easy to make and simple to apply that I used them every night before going to bed. The solid lotion melts with the warmth of your body and quickly dips into the skin, leaving no oily residues.
Realizing your self-care products is a great way to save money and reduce your impact on the environment. This could also be a great creative gift idea for the holidays, which will surely surprise you again this year, so start right away. There are endless ways to customize this recipe once you have the basics. I just added lavender to mine for a good smell when I go to bed, but you can turn them into bronzer, sunscreen, insect repellents and more with the right additions.
- Combine all the ingredients except the essential oils in a double boiler, in a glass bowl or in a glass jar. I have a jar designed for these types of projects, so I do not have to clean the wax from my bowls.
- Put your ship in or on a small saucepan with boiling water and wait for everything to melt. (The wax of bees will take more time to melt, help move).
- Once all components are dissolved, remove from heat and add essential oils (optional). I used lavender for mine. Mix gently to incorporate.
- Carefully pour the mixture into molds. I used cupcake wrappers placed in a muffin box. Even the silicone molds will work well.
- Allow the mixture to cool. You can use your fridge or freezer to help with this part.
- Do not stop once they are completely fresh.